Can You Imagine?
- A Canadian Climate Action Plan led by a multi-party, multi-gov’t level mobilization effort?
- A Canada where scientists, youth, seniors, unions, faith groups, indigenous leaders, business community, & politicians work to address the impacts of climate change?
- A Canada ending dependence on fossil fuels and having 100% renewable energy?
- A Canada in which every person has clean air, clean water, healthy food, and a safe environment?
- A Canada of low-carbon, climate-resilient rural and urban communities?
We have an Emergency!
The Climate Crisis
Despite 30 years of warnings from scientists, it is our grandchildren, who have finally forced us to act on the climate crisis. Greta Thunberg, student activist, challenges our generation to “Act like your house (the earth) is on fire because it is!”
Global heating will jeopardize the essentials of life — air, food, water, & housing. It will disproportionately impact the poor and marginalized. GASP cares about climate justice for everyone.
GASP members make personal commitments and take political action to ensure the climate crisis is front and center on everyone’s Action Plan! We join with young people and our grandchildren to amplify their voices in the fight for their lives.
Joint Actions with Grandkids and Students
GASP will continue to join Fridays for Future student strikers.